Wednesday 25 May 2016

Gosh Lip Oils Review

I have never tried lip oils before because one, there are not that many around that are affordable and two, I was happy with my old trusty vaseline aloe vera lip balm whenever my lips were chapped and dry. So when Gosh came out with their version of a lip oil, I was intrigued to try it out for the first time.  These are a great dupe for the Clarins instant light lip oils and I think they do give the Clarins oils a run for their money. When I bought these lip oils, my lips were dry and very chapped. I was using the Maybelline baby lips dr rescue and it was not doing anything to make my lips better. I just needed something to help my lips out and this is where these lip oils come into play...

Gosh Lip Oils

 Firstly, these lip oils are part of the spring/summer 2016 collection 'Copenhagen' and they are not limited edition. These are very much part of the permanent line from Gosh which I am super happy about as they are just lovely. I believe this is the first lip oil within the UK drugstore that is not highly expensive but a more affordable alternative.


The lip oils come in a clear plastic tube with a matte black top. I like how the packaging is clear so I can see if I am running out of product. The name of each lip oil is on a sticker at the top of the packaging. Once you twist the product open, the doe foot applicator is unusual. I have never seen a doe foot applicator which is flat and long. I don't really get the concept of this, but I am assuming it is to get a lot of product on the applicator without having to re-dip. When I tried the oil out, I used one side of the applicator for my bottom lip and the other side for my top lip. I found this gave me enough product on my lips without putting too much or too little but just right.

Gosh Lip Oils
Gosh Lip Oils
Gosh Lip Oils

Within the collection, there are four shades to choose from; Clear, Sea Buckthorn (Golden yellow), Rose (Red) and Raspberry (Pink). In the tube, they look quite pigmented but actually on the lips, it gives a very sheer hint of colour. On my lips, they all look the same because my lips are quite pigmented and strong in colour, so you definitely do not need all four shades.

Gosh Lip Oils Clear
Gosh Lip Oils Clear
Gosh Lip Oils Clear
Gosh Lip Oils Sea Buckthorn
Gosh Lip Oils Sea Buckthorn
Gosh Lip Oils Sea Buckthorn
Gosh Lip Oils Rose
Gosh Lip Oils RoseGosh Lip Oils Rose
Gosh Lip Oils Raspberry
Gosh Lip Oils Raspberry
Gosh Lip Oils Raspberry

Once I applied the oil to my lips, it felt very smooth and hydrating and no sign of any stickiness. It just felt very nice and easy to apply without too much trouble. The oil lasted on my lips for about 2 hours before fading, but it definitely made my lips super smooth for the rest of the day. I use the lip oil mostly at night before I go to bed and it lasts all night till I wake up in the morning. The oil lasts longer due to not talking and smacking lips together.

Gosh Lip Oils
After a couple of days using the oils, my lips were transformed from chapped to hydrated, good looking lips. It worked a treat and made my lips go back to normal. Within the oil, there are four nordic super active ingredients to make your lips better. Sea Buckthorn protects and nourishes, Moringa, Argan and Macadamia oils moisturises the lips and Vitaskin E repairs, constructs and recovers the lips. I love how there are other benefits to this product as well as being a great lip oil.

Gosh Lip Oils

Overall, I am in love with these lip oils because they have made my lips look and feel much better than a normal lip balm and they are so nice to use. They might not last long, but the lips will thank you for the benefits inside the oils.

Gosh lip oils are available from Superdrug instore and online at £7.49 each.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post. The natural oils always give good benefits to our health and even for all the purposes and it has many benefits for the people. Also, use the other oils like Gingerly Oil Price in Chennai for the strong life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any tips? mink lash kits for sale

    ReplyDelete